Last month I entered a DVD giveaway on a blog just for a chance to win the Heathcliff: King of the Beasts. Luckily, I won the contest and I have been spending my free time watching new and old cartoons. Even though I was only a three-year-old when Heathcliff originally aired back in 1984, I vaguely remember the show, but for some odd reason I do remember the catch theme song.
Just like the 1981 incarnation, the legendary Mel Blanc (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and many other Looney Tunes characters.) provided the voice for Heathcliff. The show follows Heathcliff, who is an indoor/outdoor streetcat, spending his days romancing Sonja, a white Persian cat, the rest of the day he is causing trouble, like getting into fights with other cats, annoying dogs, and conning everyone he meets. The Catillac Cats centers on Rift-Raft, Hector, Mungo, and Wordsworth. When he is not romancing his girlfriend, Cleo, Rift-Raft and his gang are always getting into some sort of trouble. Occasionally, when Rift-Raft is not around his gang assists Heathcliff.
Heathcliff: King of the Beasts DVD contains the first ten episodes on one DVD, along with a bonus episode of The Get-Along Gang.
- The Great Pussini / Kitty Kat Kennels
- Chauncey's Great Escape / Carnival Capers
- Mad Dog Catcher / Circus Beserkus
- Rebel Without A Claws / The Farming Life Ain't For Me
- Heathcliff's Middle Name / Wishful Thinking
- King of the Beasts / Cat Can Do
- Some Gets in My Eyes / Much Ado About Bedding
- City Slicker Cat / House of the Future
- Spike's Cousin / For the Birds
- Heathcliff's Pet / Swamp Fever